It’s the day after Christmas. A day spent by many recovering from the prior day’s festivities. In most cases, a Christmas celebration involves preparing massive quantities of food. Naturally, no family can ever hope to consume all that food. So what happens to the leftovers?
They go in the ‘fridge, of course.
Today, the Kickin it Old Skool Blog-a-Thon challenges us to show you ten things in our refrigerator.
So… Ten things in our ‘fridge:
1) Seven dozen eggs… This after giving away two dozen this morning and four dozen over the weekend. We have chickens, and get about a dozen eggs a day. Never thought I’d say this, but I’m a little tired of eggs.
2) Leftover ham from Christmas dinner.
3) Leftover ground bear meat with which we made tacos earlier in the week.
4) Boost – a high protein, fast breakfast for me, as I tend to miss brekkie all too often.
5) Three bottles of CoffeeMate creamer, because my husband likes a little coffee with his sugar. (I won’t touch the stuff!)
6) Lemonade – necessary for the mixed drinks consumed to survive yesterday.
7) Er.. McDonald’s apple pies, because I love them. Alas, they have cinnamon in them, so they don’t love me back any more…
8) Cheese and cracker in many forms. Yummy!
9) Milk in three forms, since none of us can drink the same milk: Whole milk for the boy. Skim milk for the husband. Soy milk for me.
10) Apples. The boy likes apples. We live in apple country. They’re about the healthiest snack the boy will eat, so we keep them in abundance.
So that’s ten of the myriad of things jammed in our ‘fridge right now. Although, I admit, the apple pies are no longer in there. They’re about to get into my belly, cinnamon allergy or no.
What’s in your ‘fridge?