Today (January 28, 2013) is the Re-Introduce Myself Blogfest. The concept is to introduce yourself (or re-introduce yourself, if you’ve been around for a while) to the rest of the blogging community.
So here’s me:
- Vertebrate Paleontologist (I study mostly fossil mammals)
- Isotope geochemist (looking at climate change in the rock record)
- Laboratory manager (and student wrangler)
- Mother (to boy on the autism spectrum)
- Wife (to a mechanical engineer)
- Writer (fiction and non-fiction, nothing published yet, but getting there)
- Swordsman-in-training (am captivated by the longsword and am studying the historical European martial arts)
- Seamstress (making medieval and renaissance period clothes, plus costumes at Halloween)
- Gardener (when time permits)
- Chicken wrangler (because our flock comes up a lot)
If you look at my blog or follow me on Twitter, you’ll see posts about all of these things. It keeps me busy and sometimes frantic. But I like it. I like to think that my life is interesting. I like that I have stories to tell, some fiction, some real-life adventures. Hang out for a while. You’ll see.